Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Look What You Can Buy in Santa Cruz


I am a reader and often the only thing in the suitcase coming back from Canada is a load of books. Imagine my delight when I walked into the local grocery store and found a new selection of English books -- Vinyl Cafe Diaries by Stuart McLean, a Sunday at the pool in Kinglali. Yes, there would be a market for those and a variety of other English books. But Wayside Flowers of Alberta and Animal Tracks of Alberta? If anyone wants a copy for just under five dollars (I didn't say they were cheap), I will get you one.

2 comments:

Tiemen, Anneke, Jonathan en Abigaïl said...

Dear Marg and Jake

I read your story over the last few months and it wasn't an easy one. The little boys who died.

I hope you are doing well over there in Bolivia we miss Bolivia very much and we hope we can go back

With the little Jonathan everything is going well he has been operated last week but he recovered real fast

God Bless and keep up the good work you are doing over there, We hope we may do the same in a couple off yaers

Greetings from the Netherlands

Tiemen,Anneke en Jonathan

Johanna said...

Still buying books!! did you get the vinyl cafe book?

We are well here and planning another trip to Floripa. We will not be able to visit you there this trip--work obligations and all. I have met a friend of yours, (and a former employee) in the course of my work. Billie says "hi". Take care.