Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A better day

Jhonny appears better today. Erselia said that he had a tough night, running a high fever. She bathed him with cool cloths until 1 or 2 in the morning. His breathing seemed a bit labored earlier today but now it was more normal. His blood pressure is also normal.

But a day could not go by without some excitement. This morning I had to bring the tumor sample to the cancer hospital. The tumor was in a plastic container and I didn't look at it that well. A block from the hospital we hit a bump -- and the bottom part of the container slid from the top part, which was in my hand. The tumor and all the liquid fell to the floor of the taxi. What to do but scoop the tumor up, jump out of the taxi , run back into the hospital and request that they please replace the liquid. Thankfully they could do that and I proceeded to the cancer hospital -- only to find that it is a holiday (Medical Day? Day for Doctors and Nurses?) and many of the personal at the hospitals were off. So, again, I returned back to the Children's Hospital with the tumor and will bring it back again tomorrow.

We still haven't been able to get Jhonny on Social Assistance so we will try that again tomorrow. I might have to get my girlfriend to help since she speaks Spanish much better than I do.

No comments: